What is an EHR Gap Analysis?
A Gap Analysis clarifies the discrepancy between current reality in the way your office is processing patient information and the desired for optimal processing of patient information and provided healthcare. It also identifies an opportunity that may be addressed by the EHR roll-out.
With a well written needs analysis in hand, it makes it much easier to find an EHR that is a good fit for your office.
A good EHR should be:
- Easy and intuitive to learn
- Cover every aspect of patient care documentation
- Flexible to immediate changes in the healthcare rules
- Change as your practice change
- Be customizable to unique to your practice
This is not an exhaustive list but just a few pointers of what OpenEMR has waiting for your office to discover.
Sample Behavioral Health Gap Analysis